The Marketing Team at Tennessee Repertory Theatre encompasses all activities involving special events, education/outreach, marketing and sales, and publicity. The Marketing Intern in this department is a full-time position, although a part-time position might be considered, depending on the qualities and goals of the candidate. The primary focus of this internship is to work closely with the Marketing Director on the execution of the season’s marketing initiatives in a highly competitive arts community, and to assist with education and outreach programming. If full-time internship is offered, the intern will also have the opportunity to assist with special events and learn non-profit fundraising skills. Candidates must be highly organized and able to multi-task with excellent computer and writing skills required. Jobs in this department will be supervised by Marketing Director.
PRIMARY FOCUS - Marketing/Publicity
- Assist Social Media/Marketing Coordinator in maintaining Tennessee Rep’s social networking sites.
- Observe rehearsals and meetings with the artistic staff to develop ideas for effectively marketing productions on a modest budget.
- Collect and archive materials.
- Work closely with staff to develop new audiences.
- Maintain and create promotional relationships with other non-profit organizations, colleges and universities, target audiences, restaurants, and media outlets.
- Assist with press contacts, photo calls and video shoots.
- Coordinate press mailings, prepare press releases and calendar announcements.
- Other clerical and general duties as needed.
SECONDARY FOCUS - Education/Outreach
- Development and production of education/outreach activities and promotional events.
- Assist with educational programming in high school and universities.
- Help set-up and work outreach events.
- Assist in developing educational material.